About Maine Machine Products Company Inc.
Founded in 1956, MMPCo is a mid-market machine shop supporting high tech Fortune 50 OEMs in the Semiconductor, Commercial Aerospace and Defense markets. Our core competency is milling and turning using 3 – 7 axis CNC machine tools. MMPCo is AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 certified and ITAR Compliant.
We are extremely proud of our Machinist Apprenticeship Program which has been in continuous operation since 1974. Our facilities are clean, well lit, organized and temperature controlled at 72 degrees Fahrenheit 24x7x365 days a year.
We use a Finite Forward Scheduling system coupled with Theory of Constraints and Toyota Production System tools to deliver world class quality and service our customers rely on.
The ideal candidate will have the following traits: competitive, highly organized, ambitious, impatient, highly aware of time management, and an open and transparent communicator.
As part of the Supply Chain Team, our Master Scheduler is responsible for the daily scheduling of all work centers and ensuring production schedules meet or exceed customer delivery expectations in a low volume / mixed model manufacturing environment.
The Master Scheduler should be proficient in the use of MRP/ERP systems, Finite Forward Scheduling and Theory of Constraints with experience implementing Kanban / Heijunka replenishment tools. Other skills include use of and maintence of master data in ERP/MRP systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage Production Schedules to maximize the company’s throughput, efficiency and effectiveness and communicate demand and changes to Production Team daily
- Optimize the flow of raw materials and Work in Process throughout the plant to minimize inventory levels, minimize transaction volumes and continuously improve efficiency in relation to production schedules
- Synchronizes production schedules between departments
- Follow-up that schedules are being followed and communicate with planning
- Responsible to identify and trigger modifications needed to Bills of Materials and Routes and lead-times and other master data to keep the finite forward scheduling system effective and efficient.
- Proactively identify, communicate and de-conflict scheduling issues
- Monitors capacity levels for each resource and recommends equipment and staffing level changes to support growth trends
- Works with Plant Manager to justify and obtain approval for appropriate changes
- Keeps Plant Manager apprised of issues and seeks guidance as appropriate
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed
- Supports safety and quality goals throughout the facility
- Support continuous improvement projects
- Provide reports/metrics to management as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering
- Supply Planning Certification CPIM, CSCP or CPSM helpful.
- Minimum 5 years of experience hands-on Production Planning and Master Scheduling
- Previous experience developing Master Scheduling methods and work-flows
- Experience using lean manufacturing pull systems. level loading, and capacity planning tools preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communicator with the ability to be both deeply analytical and provide executive level messaging and communications
- Super-user of Excel (macros, algorithms, SQL statements), and Infor Syteline
- Ability to read an engineering drawing and bill of materials
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships and interdepartmental group commitments to effectively achieve production goals and objectives
Our benefit packages are outstanding! We offer Medical, Dental and Vision plans that blow other company plans out of the water and the weekly costs for these plans are way below industry average (some as low as $6/week!). We also offer EAP, Life and Disability plans free of charge. Our 401k plan has an employer match and you are 100% vested from day one. In addition to the above we also have Tuition Assistance, PTO and Holidays.
Maine Machine Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.