Position: Quality Manager
The Quality Manager ensures that the company Quality Management System complies with all required quality standards, industry regulations and customer requirements and expectations. The Quality Manager facilitates the pursue of the Quality Assurance company objectives and ensures the normal function of the Quality Control inspection group. This individual is responsible for managing the organizations quality assurance and control functions in standard production and new product development processes, and the regular quality reporting to the management team.
- Manage the day to day operation of the Quality Control group of inspectors and technicians, ensuring that required goals and throughput is achieved as planned.
- Provide leadership developing and directing the Quality Assurance company function, ensuring written policies and procedures across all departments are followed, effective and regularly audited.
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance across the organization, providing leadership on the continuous improvement focus and advise the executive team on its advancements.
- Monitor QA/QC systems and advise executive team on system performance regarding achievement of required goals.
- Establish and maintain a QA/QC program for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Conduct risk analyses, verification, validation activities, and formal reviews, as applicable.
- Persuade staff to adopt and incorporate quality methods into their work.
- Create and maintain related QA/QC company documentation.
- Establish a cross trained functional team.
- Solve problems within the departments in a timely manner updating documentation, communicating with other departments and management where necessary.
- Communicate daily expectations, review previous day’s expectation misses, overdue orders, variance and quality.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of direct work experience and management of QA/QC systems, regulations, guidelines, specifications and associated quality standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for liaising and communicating with management, employees, vendors and customers.
- Working knowledge with applicable quality international standards such as ISO9001, AS9100 and other applicable quality standards in the industry.
- Extensive practical experience with inspection equipment, measurement reporting, drawing standards incl. GD&T, capability studies, APQP incl. control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, knowledge of Visual Basic an asset.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal departments, outside key business partners, such as customer representatives, and government and regulatory agencies.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.