ARE YOU A SKILLED MACHINIST LOOKING FOR A CHANGE?
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Excellent benefit package – Medical as low as $6/week
Hoppe has immediate openings
Weekend AM Shift ~ Work 36, paid for 40
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
4:30am – 5:00pm
Class A $3500
Class B $2500
Class C $1000
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for quality parts produced on CNC machines such as but not limited to lathes and milling machines.
- Responsible for loading parts, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup measurements.
- Measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to ensure quality of production. Reports all machine malfunctions to immediate supervisor.
- Communicates with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly. Perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company AS9100 quality program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental regulations.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical/Vocational training desired.
- Minimum of 7 years operating CNC machines such as lathes and milling machines within a controlled Mil-Aerospace or medical parts machining, job shop environment.
- Proficient knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, and indicators.
- Knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions.
- Knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Must be able to communicate in English (both oral and written) as it relates to the job
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
- Willing to run multiple machines independently or in a team environment.
Our benefit packages are outstanding! We offer Medical, Dental and Vision plans that blow other company plans out of the water and the weekly costs for these plans are way below industry average (some as low as $6/week!). We also offer EAP, Life and Disability plans free of charge. Our 401k plan has an employer match and you are 100% vested from day one. In addition to the above we also have Tuition Assistance, PTO and Holidays.