Developing, running and/or modifying programs to measure manufactured parts, components, checking fixtures and other objects as requested, using the software PC DMIS on a Brown and Sharp CMM. The programmer is responsible for using 3D computer models or create them from paper drawings if not existing, for providing CMM data reports in the format requested, and for ensuring the accuracy of the measurements and data. Mechanical inspections, first article inspections, in-process inspections, and visual inspections of parts are also functions of the position.
- Develop CMM programs using PC-DMIS software to collect data on manufactured parts, components, assemblies, checking fixtures, tooling, or other objects
- Run CMM programs to inspect manufactured part on CMM
- Using CMM data, develop reports to meet the customer requirements
- Troubleshoot existing CMM programs and reports
- Assist in problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Assist as needed in the calibration and certification of all process inspection & test equipment
- Learn and operate existing Faro Arm
- Ensure timely completion of layouts and reports
- Store CMM data, reports and documents according defined structure and naming convention
- Minimum High School diploma
- Detailed, precise and accurate
- 7 + years of experience programming a CMM using PC-DMIS software
- Metrologic software experience a must.
- Fundamental understand of statistics & other (PPAP, SPC, MSA, FMEA, APQP)
- Proficient in GD&T and practical application of GD&T to manufactured parts
- Proficient in the use of measuring devices including caliper, indicators, micrometers, height gage,
- Competent in the reading and use of CAD data and 3D models
HPG Inc. offers competitive wages, shift premiums for afternoon and midnight shifts along with overtime paid after 40 hours and a safety shoe allowance.
HPG Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit package to all employees which includes; Extended health, Dental and Vision care as well as a Group Retirement Savings Program.
HPG Inc. . is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.