Supply Chain: Material Handler
- Maintain our work area daily in an organized, neat, safe and clean condition. Our department is one of the most visible areas to staff and leadership. Customers frequently visit our shop and the condition of our area is critical to the success of our business.
- Manage time and priorities as specifically instructed by your supervisor. If time becomes available between directed projects, use initiative to further departmental goals such as:
- Safe and clean work environment
- 99% Inventory accuracy
- Quick turn for packaging, shipping and sub contract management
- A place for everything and everything in its place.
- Pick material in accordance with pick lists paying attention to special instructions on routers and pick lists.
- Material handling – Unpack and pack material in a safe and careful manner to prevent injury and material damage. We are the last stop for everything MMP supplies our customers and the parts have the most value when we handle them.
- Move material throughout our facility in a timely fashion as requested. Bring material to machines as needed
- Pack and process orders for shipping including the construction of custom packaging as required
- Load and unload trucks
- Assist in investigating material and shipping/receiving discrepancies. Perform material counts upon request
- Picking up and delivering parts to local customers as well as our subcontractors
- Stay current on all proper Receiving/shipping procedures and requirements
- Inspect material handling equipment for defects and maintain proper preventive maintenance. Notify supervisor if repair is needed
- Monitor safe operation of equipment
- Assist and own special projects as assigned by supervisor
- Physically able to lift 50 to 80 lbs
- Flexible schedule. Work hours are 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM (may require weekend or nights depending on the needs of the business)
- Must be comfortable driving a box truck (standard)