Reports To: Director of Materials
Direct Reports: No Direct reports for this role
Develop and maintain the master schedule to meet sales and operational objectives for on time delivery and efficient work center loading. Works closely with Customer Service, Purchasing and Manufacturing to ensure materials, components and outside processes are planned and delivered to ensure smooth work flow. Identifies trends and makes realistic assumptions concerning manufacturing capacity material availability, lead times and other operating variables.
- To plan, arrange, control and optimize work and workloads and release orders to production in order to ensure on time delivery utilizing the Advanced Scheduling Software application.
- Prepare Capacity Planning tools for regular review and participate in planning machinery, labor and sales forecasting.
- Facilitate weekly schedule review meetings, updating the status of the current schedule and informing the team of any potential issues while provide recommendations and solutions to achieving delivery dates ahead of impact.
- Manage the Production Schedule Change Process to ensure seamless transitions in production activities.
- Maintain correct data inputs (labour, machine, inventory etc.) from production staff in order to roll up accurate department production times, costs and material usage.
- Works closely with purchasing to ensure raw material and component delivery meet manufacturing objectives.
- Daily review of departmental progress to plan and works with manufacturing to make adjustment to meet objectives.
- Creates daily hot list and populates communication board.
- Monitors inventory to customer contract commitment to purchase.
- Communicates with customers, sales, purchasing, manufacturing and shipping to meet promised delivery dates.
- Timely reporting of key metrics such as orders started on time, setup hours as a percentage of total runs hours; and reports such as capacity loading, machine constraints, and backlog.
- Major contributor to continuous improvement programs such as improvement in inventory levels, customer on time deliveries, schedule obtainment, etc.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- University or collage degree and/or APICS Certified
- Minimum five to seven-years experience in a related field
- Worked in various environments; high mix, low volume and low mix, high volume
- Exposure to Advance Scheduling/Planning Software applications
- Excellent PC skills including MS Excel, Word and Access
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Navision or similar ERP system.
- Understands manufacturing, materials flow, machine loading, processes and specifications.
- Enjoys a challenge and working with a broad range of people.
- Detailed, precise and accurate
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills