A sign-on bonus of $3500 could be yours!
ARE YOU A HIGHLY SKILLED, CLASS A MACHINIST LOOKING FOR A CHANGE?
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
As a Class A Machinist, you will be expected to perform the following tasks proficiently:
- Demonstrate ability to submit process improvement sheets with tooling suggestions. Demonstrate cycle time reduction as a result of improvements.
- Actively review each job for Setup and Cycle Time reductions – process improvement sheets – including evaluating non-machining component of cycle time (externalizing setups, etc).
- Thoroughly understand what a tool is supposed to do before it cuts and be able to manage it through the cycle to ensure it does what is intended without damage to machine, tooling or part.
- Demonstrate ability to produce parts across multiple material types with no scrap related to material properties.
- Communicate information regarding complex setups and any issues with Team Leader. Including any discrepancies in traveler, materials, etc.
- Thoroughly understand programming language, ability to program medium complexity parts with G codes.
- Ability to use tool list data to research and find alternative tools, which are validated by the programmer and captured on the tool list/breakdown process.
- Ability to identify potential issues related to setup, fixturing, tooling, and/or feeds and speeds setting; resolve them and communicate as appropriate to Supervisor to lock in changes.
- Able to working through complex cuts, angles, surface machining of complex surfaces etc.
- Ability to check and inspect all features manually.
- Ability to develop manual machining approach and detailed instructions that other operators can follow.
- Ability to read and interpret CMM inspection reports.
- Ability to fluently program on Cam Works.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical/Vocational training desired.
- Minimum of 7 years operating CNC machines such as lathes and milling machines within a controlled Mil-Aerospace or medical parts machining, job shop environment.
- Proficient knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, and indicators.
- Knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions.
- Knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Must be able to communicate in English (both oral and written) as it relates to the job
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
- Willing to run multiple machines independently or in a team environment.
Our benefit packages are outstanding! We offer Medical, Dental and Vision plans that blow other company plans out of the water and the weekly costs for these plans are way below industry average (some as low as $6/week!). We also offer EAP, Life and Disability plans free of charge. Our 401k plan has an employer match and you are 100% vested from day one. In addition to the above we also have Tuition Assistance, PTO and Holidays.