The CMM Programmer is responsible for programming, set up, operation and adjustment of CMM software and equipment. This individual will utilize CMM equipment to conduct dimensional inspections for first offs, in-process and final inspection parts to ensure conformance to design intent, dimensional requirements and other specifications. The individual will have extensive knowledge of CMM equipment operation and programming.
- CMM modeling/programming using MASTERCAM , PCDMIS, BLADE/BLADERUNNER
- Follow strict inspection protocol in performing inspection
- Analyze data to ensure conformance of parts to design intent, dimensional requirements, blueprints and other specifications
- Provide daily detailed measurement information reports
- Identify discrepancies and non-conformance issues, communicating report results for corrective action where required
- Adjust CMM equipment and programming as required to perform inspections
- Ensure CMM equipment are operated and maintained according to the maintenance schedule, performing minor repairs as necessary and within capabilities
- Work together with Engineering and other departments as required
- Update and revise CMM programming in response to engineering change
- Provide orientation and training to new hire
- Conduct and assist with calibration
- Perform mechanical inspections of HPG parts as required
- Perform other tasks within the department as required
- Work in a manufacturing / industrial environment – machine shop inspection area
- Overtime as required.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of direct work experience with CMM programming, specifically with Brown and Sharp CMM preferred.
- Strong mechanical background
- Experience with MASTERCAM and PCDMIS required
- Knowledge BLADE and BLADERUNNER preferred
- Ability to read and interpret GD&T requirements from complex geometry blueprints
- Ability to create and review technical documentation and reports.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Experience with and understanding of manufacturing machine shop processed
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- General knowledge of ISO/AS QMS requirements preferred